Tis the season to run races in red and white striped knee high socks and reindeer antlers. For holiday challenges to bust your booty or run every day or burn off the calories in that one tiny piece of chocolate from the advent calendar, you fatty.
I'm taking a different approach.
Side note: my mom sent me the most amazing advent calendar ever. It's from Starbucks and filled with caramels and is a magnetic chalkboard under the candy so we can use it forever.
|Please note that Eric hung it with red, white, and green thumbtacks.|
Last week, I spent only about 4 hours exercising - which is a lot less than during the fall, when it was normally at least 8 hours, often more. I did the first week of the T25 program, which is 5 different workouts that focus on various things (lower body, abs, speed, etc). Even though they are only 25 minutes long, they can be pretty ass kicking.
I also busted out the old bike trainer and did 20 minutes Friday, and 30 minutes Sunday. Be impressed. It really is amazing how I can run for hours, but 20-30 minutes of any other exercises annihilates me.
Don't worry, the week wasn't completely devoid of running mileage. I felt like running Saturday, mainly because it was that or perish of a total rage stroke. So I did a whopping four miles.
All this extra non-running time is glorious, and it really helps that the major project of my grad school semester is done too. I've gotten to sleep in, and I read an entire book this week (The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult, it's amazing, read it immediately).
This weekend was an introvert's paradise. I didn't do anything or go anywhere, except to work my second job on Saturday.
Sunday, we had what Maryland considers a snowstorm. I was about 25% of the way through my book (don't you love how the Kindle tells you that?) and pretty much my entire day consisted of finishing the other 75%. It's about the Holocaust, so of course it's terribly sad, but also fascinating. Eric didn't understand why my idea of a perfect Sunday was lying on the couch, reading and crying.
The snow turned out to be enough for a fabulous snow day today.
This week is going to be more of the same "eh, I'll do what I feel like!" approach. It's a good time.
Just in case anyone ever wondered what it was like inside my head, this buzzfeed article is, as usual, frighteningly accurate.