Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pregnancy illness #546: Bronchitis


Ever hear that pregnancy decreases your immune system's effectiveness?

#proof
I thought I had a cold Wednesday and Thursday, no big deal. Then Thursday night I started coughing pretty bad and my chest started to hurt. I was up in the middle of the night coughing for like an hour and a half before I finally got out of bed and took a shower, and then was able to go back to sleep. At work Friday morning, my cough just kept getting worse and worse until I knew I wasn't going to make it through the day without losing an organ (or, lets be real, peeing my pants).

So I had to be that asshole who left everyone in the lurch. Luckily my primary care doctor had a cancellation, so I was able to get an appointment there instead of waiting all day at urgent care. It got a little scary for a second when she said they were ordering an EKG to make sure my symptoms were just a lung infection, and not something wrong with my heart. After that, I was relieved that it was only bronchitis. The doctor said to rest.

Someone else had other ideas.

I'm sure we can all agree that bronchitis isn't fun, especially with a little tiny person pushing up against your lungs (and, often, a bigger little person pushing against them from the outside while trying to climb you like a jungle gym).

When it's too cold for the actual playground, he creates his own. It's me. 

I definitely can't complain though, since the baby isn't at risk, my other baby can't catch it, my husband can't catch it (because, man flu, can't handle that), and I even got antibiotics. Most importantly, if I had to get sick, the timing could NOT have been any better.


 And of course, the real reason:


HOW does he only improve with age?

I'm only halfway through the season though, because Saturday Eric took over parenting and I spent the day pretty much like this.

I DID NOT MOVE.
I think that maybe the nesting instinct is beginning, just a little bit. We didn't have any plans this weekend, so I had a bunch of random stuff in my head I wanted to get done around the house. Obviously, none of that happened because I spent the entire weekend either sleeping or coughing. I did find my copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and started to look over the section on labor and delivery, and then remembered how much contractions hurt and decided to stop. I really need to be healthy for spring break, because that's when it's on in terms of baby prep.

Unrelated - are we ever getting a Game of Thrones trailer? It's less than two months until the season 6 premier and there's only a lame teaser trailer that shows absolutely nothing. Is HBO just planning on keeping everything under wraps? The only things I've done to prepare for this birth, other than skimming what to expect, is get Dalton a cute brother shirt from Target and verify with Eric that we can stream GOT in the hospital on the tablet if we end up staying on a Sunday night. Things like pre-registering at the hospital, adding my friend who will be watching Dalton to my daycare emergency contacts...I'll get to all that. Eventually.

Thoughts on Fuller House? The first episode was epic. It brought me so much happiness. I've enjoyed the rest quite a bit, but I'm disappointed everyone (especially Uncle Jesse) were only special guests and aren't around for most of it.

8 comments:

  1. OMG the sickness never ends! i hope you're feeling better! i think we are on the tail end of it, thank god, because I'm pretty sure you're sick of my whiny emails! Also, we finally caved and got a baby monitor, and I'm finally doing stuff during nap time! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, feel better! We just got back and I saw that Fuller House was released. Will mocked me relentless but you better believe I'm watching it the second I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh John Stamos...be still, my heart! I haven't watched it yet, but I am bummed that they are just making brief appearances. Is it really focused on the 3 girls now? The commercials look like it's really on their storylines.

    I'm busy rewatching House of Cards so I am up to date when the new season comes out next weekend. 12 episodes in the next 6 days? Challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full House is one of those shows I don't care to relive, especially after the reviews. So I shall live through you on this one. I am enjoying season 2 of Bates Motel though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get tips if you are a pregnant mother, plan for an easy labor and delivery. Join the community and share your experiences with other conceived women. Visit pregnancy site here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around july 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014 and it failed also, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted ( agbazara@gmail.com ) i meet online and he send me his herbal product,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant within few after his help. contact him today with any kind of problem and be happy like me on:

    agbazara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stamos, baby, Stamos! Something about that man just makes everything better. So sorry to hear you've been sick. Bronchitis is the worst, and any illness during pregnancy is just no bueno. I'm glad your primary care doc could fit you in, it's always such a relief to see someone you already know and trust!

    Maribeth Almanza @ Primary Care Associates - South Anchorage

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.