Although I do think a lot of blog post traditions are stupid (year in review, WIAW, etc), I kind of like the "things I'm loving lately" posts. Which is why I'm doing one.
1. Jennifer Lawrence. Like, seriously, how is she so beautiful and funny and cute? Sometimes I get addicted to those compilation videos of her saying funny things in interviews.
Luckily I'm not alone in my love.
2. This stuff. It's black bean, corn, and red pepper salsa. It's good on everything. Also I love foods that naturally lend themselves to being covered in cheese and avocado.
3. I can't stop listening to this song. Every day when we line up for dismissal I start getting really excited because as soon as the kids leave I blast it on repeat until I go home. I'm pretty sure all my neighbors love that little tradition just as much as I do.
4. Cornbread. Since getting my cast iron skillet for Christmas, I'm about to change my blog name to Cornbread is my life. My goal is to try all the recipes in my cookbook. One of them has bacon grease, and it was all I hoped for and more.
6. My magic Starbucks mug. I've probably mentioned this like 12 times by now on the blog but the good news is, it's way worse in person so you are spared that. But this thing keeps drinks hot forever. I get them on my way home from work, and even if I run, shower, and cook and eat dinner before I drink it (because I like to get super sweet drinks to have for/with dessert), it's still hot. Like 4 hours later, not even exaggerating. My friend said something about a vacuum seal, I don't know, I'm not a scientist, all I know is that I love it more than anything.
|It's only the 14th, so I'm ahead of schedule. I doubled down a couple times.|
I don't even know why I just embedded it, like any true fan hasn't already watched it 20 times. I cannot even stand how excited I am to watch.
In preparation, I started Dance with Dragons again. I read about half of it over the summer, but then stopped due to a combination of a section that dragged and apprehension over my emotional state when there was no more to read. Since I can barely remember anything that happened in the previous book, even though I did finish it, I'm starting over at the beginning and highlighting and taking notes this time. I'm not even kidding. Or embarrassed.
9. 100 miler training. It's early days. Really, really early and the mileage is still low. But so far, it feels good to be training again. Last week I hit 50 miles and this week I'll be slightly higher (6 yesterday and 8 today, so far).
I guess I love a lot of things, so for balance, here's two I don't love.
1. My new 2014 Sunday tradition of laying awake all night, till like 3am. That's not really fun. And it happened even after taking Tylenol with Codeine (for my root canal), so ...yeah. Makes it really hard to get up at 5am to run. In fact, I haven't.
What's one thing you are loving lately?
Also, let's weigh in on the GOT trailer - the guy in the alleyway getting rushed from both sides - one of Dany's many allies? That's the consensus so far, but I'm not sure.