Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What I Eat for Breakfast


As a busy, working mom, I'm constantly asked, "How do you do it?". Ok, of course that's a lie, no one cares. BUT, at the baby shower I attended recently, I did get asked how I fit in exercise in the mornings before work. I explained that my main secret was putting absolutely no effort in regarding the looks department, and I also explained what I eat for breakfast. I thought it might make an interesting post.

I tend to get into breakfast routines, and stick with the same thing for awhile. I used to be all about the sweet breakfasts, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, etc. But the past two months, I've only been able to do salty.

First, there were these crackers. Huge time saver. Throw a box in my work bag, put them on the table when I arrive, eat while answering email. No preparation necessary, and they even sell them in bulk at Costco.


Next up, salt and vinegar chips. Nothing starts off a productive day like an intense burning sensation on your tongue. I recommend pairing with water.


A little more traditional, whole wheat toast or English muffin. Best enjoyed while hiding in your bedroom from your son, who demands at least half of literally any food anyone is eating, ever.


Then, I started to think I needed some more protein, not just carbs. I started adding some hard boiled eggs. I like to dip them in salt. Or, sometimes hot sauce. 


Lately, instead of my morning coffee, I've been enjoying this green tea.

It's no coffee, but it's something.
The best part is, these breakfast choices can double as evening snacks. They can even be eaten in bed, if, by 7pm, I'm too exhausted to be vertical. Which is frequently the case.


Sea bands really complete the look.

The only problem is, all these breakfasts are preventing my pants from buttoning lately.

Or....maybe the reason my pants won't close is also the reason I'm craving weird - ass breakfasts?


26 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! So excited for you guys! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so exciting! I did not see that coming. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT UP. I totally didn't see this coming-- congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! Congratulations!! I was wondering about those sea bands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I really want potato chips dipped in hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to hide the lead! Slick! And congrats! My posse are all close in age and while it can be challenging, its also fun and they're each other's best playmates. Enjoy the chaos to come!

    PS. If this posts twice, sorry. Blogger was being psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I started to get suspicious at the tea part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa - CONGRATS! Hilariously, the four thoughts I had while reading this (in this order):

    1. I love Salt & Vinegar chips but can't imagine stomaching them in the morning.
    2. WHY on EARTH did she abandon coffee for green tea? What the heck happened?? Is this really Alyssa???
    3. OHhhhhhh..... Is this April Fools?
    4. Nope, it's definitely October. WHOOOO! CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first started reading this I was thinking 'oh man, this post is totally going to give her away'.. I'm a little slow sometimes because I think it wasn't until half-way through that I realized what was coming! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh that's amazing, congratulations! Great set up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came out of my blogging hiatus to say YAYYYY FOR A NEW LITTLE BABY!! Harrison just informed me that he thinks it's "a baby girl like Sloane" <3<3 Here's hoping! #teamniece

    ReplyDelete
  12. YIPPEE! YAHOO! HOORAY! For some reason, I foolishly assumed this was a long way off. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. #1 blogger pregnancy announcement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAUGH! Congrats! My children are ~20 months apart. Get ready for a wild ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha loved the announcement! Congrats! I made it to the coffee before, I was like huh? Then the sea bands and I was like "oooooh!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did NOT see that coming. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, that was a great delayed punch line. Well done. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! You guys make adorable babies, so really, this is a gift to the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Jennifer! Totally a gift to the world! I'm always telling my sister about "the cutest baby on the internet!". Big congratulations! (you really just missed BF'ing and pumping, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything about this- brilliant, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so excited for you all! big congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! I only did this once but May was a fantastic month for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I completely missed this post and I feel awful. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick and hopefully you'll be back to plain yogurt and oatmeal with quinoa soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm just now catching up on my ready and YAY! Congratulations! Very excited for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.