Sunday, July 20, 2014

A new #fitfetus workout


Yesterday I went grocery shopping for the first time this month. For the first 17 days of July, I spent a whole 3 of them in my own state. It was all super fun, but I'm excited to spend a few days out of the car now.

After my grocery store trip, I finally cashed in on my free Starbucks birthday drink. Starbucks is probably the one thing I've had an aversion to so far. I got this amazing magic mug for Christmas that was good for any drink FREE every day in the month of January. I normally only buy black coffee from Starbucks, but obviously that wasn't getting the best bang for my gift. I kept my homemade black coffee regiment each morning, but as part of my New Year's Resolution, I committed myself to 31 days of sugar bomb, $5+, espresso filled deliciousness each night for/with dessert.

Halfway through the month I found out I was pregnant, but I was able to keep going with my resolution until the 28th (I'd been getting decaf all along so calm down). Then my coffee aversion kicked in hard core. It went away slowly in the second trimester, THANK GOD, but I definitely overdid it on Starbucks because the thought of a caramel macchiato was still turning my stomach in July.

However, I am devoted to overcoming any obstacle to get something for free. I had a month after my birthday to cash in, so after a month exactly, I stopped on my way home from the grocery store yesterday for this beauty.

FYI - I took this while parked outside Starbucks.
I feel really guilty ordering Frappuccinos because everyone I ever barista-d with hated making them so much, myself included, but whatever it's once a year. I wasn't hungry so I drove home and planned to put it in the freezer for dessert.

That worked until I opened the freezer to put away some of my groceries.


A really fun 7.5 month pregnancy activity is cleaning up thick, cookie filled liquid, especially from under the fridge. Also especially because I'm trying to love the earth and don't use paper towels anymore, I just use actual towels, but I didn't want to permanently destroy all those. If I was still on Daily Mile I would have entered it as a workout (especially since it was right after three trips up our three flights of stairs to bring up all the groceries). I'm going to recommend it to What to Expect.

By the way, I quit Daily Mile again. My workouts are really nothing inspiring or noteworthy these days. Actually they haven't been for a while, but they are only going to continue to decline. Maybe I'll join again post partum.

I cheered myself up from that debacle my making the most amazing dinner ever. Fried green tomato grilled cheese sandwich.

Frying is a great way to make vegetables taste better.

YES
The recipe calls for Pimento cheese, which apparently they don't sell at my Wegmans even though it's below the Mason Dixon line, so I made my own. Fried green tomatoes and homemade pimento cheese are probably my two most favorite things ever currently. Basically all my friends who have recently had babies have had to eliminate dairy, so I'm trying to double down while I can., just in case.

In other thrilling food news, these are finally on sale so I was finally able to enjoy some.

 I occasionally eat foods that are not fried or cheese.
 
I don't really have any other exciting stories from the weekend, because I was overdue for a nice break from going places and seeing people. Here's some stuff that happened.
  • We finally got to the second season of Orange is the New Black.
  • I started reading The Happiest Baby on the Block for educational purposes, and A Grown Up Kind of Pretty for entertainment.
  • I did some non Daily Mile worthy exercise.
  • My back started hurting at night, so I added two more pillows to my sleep fortress, bringing the total from four to six. That includes the Snoogle, which is really more like 3 pillows by itself. There's really not much room for my husband anymore, but each and every one of those pillows is necessary. I also now take a water bottle instead of a glass to bed, so I can keep it next to me and don't have to roll over to get a drink.

If you get knocked up, get one of these immediately.

What's your favorite fried food (obviously fries don't count)? I'd probably go with mozzarella sticks, because it's fried food + cheese, an ideal combination.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your drink! :( I'm not a coffee drinker, but I feel like I must be missing out on something because so many people seem to enjoy it so much. I need to find a beginner's coffee to ease myself into that world.
    What did you think of Orange is the New Black? I just finished both seasons also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Try a sugary drink from Starbucks to ease in.

      We only watched the first episode of season 2 so far, but I liked it! I LOVED season 1, I watched the whole thing twice and read the book.

      Delete
  2. Those sandwiches sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried Cheese Curds. Best food ever. Your bed is looking totally sexy these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fitting, as I am looking totally sexy these days.

      Delete
  4. i can't believe you cleaned under the fridge while pregnant! i definitely would saved that for travers and i don't even have an excuse.

    that sandwich looks amazing. for me, beignets rank quite high on my fried food list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me, I would have normally made Eric do it but he had just gone to work and I was afraid it would be completely impossible to clean if I waited like 8 hours for him to get home.



      I recommend cooking that sandwich at your earliest convenience.

      Delete
  5. Why do baristas hate making frappaccinos? Is it because they hate teenage girls?

    How can you narrow down your favorite fried foods??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had that sandwich bookmarked to make. I've also had long talks with this baby about how she isn't allowed to be allergic to things I love (dairy, gluten, peanuts). We will see how that plays out for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had fried green tomatoes OR pimento cheese, but that sandwich looks delicious. I have some green tomatoes growing, I might have to make them into a delicious sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fried green tomatoes and I hate tomatoes, so I guess it's true you can fry anything and make it good.

    Favorite fried food: donuts

    I can't wait to see if this comment posts because my comment from yesterday did not and I was too lazy to retype.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.