Friday, October 22, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Since I suck at updating my blog (there's a resolution for 2011!) here were my NY resolutions for 2010.

1. Run a half marathon in under two hours - 1:50:56 CHECK
2. See Wicked - I have an amazing husband and mother in law - CHECK and CHECK again
3. Run a marathon - CHECK
4. Be more patient - FAIL

Obviously that last one needs to go right back on the list for 2011. I have a serious problem with patience of any kind, whether in line at the grocery story, waiting to meet a friend, getting something (anything) I want, etc etc. So this problem is really apparent now that I am waiting to be recovered from the marathon! Running a marathon is so much exercise in one day, but, at least for me, the week before and after has basically been one giant LAZYFEST. The first few days after it was cool, since my legs hurt and it was nice to sleep in, get to work early, catch up on stuff, whatever. But now that I am returning to exercise it's tough to feel like I am half assing it, even though I know my body needs it. This morning I rode the bike at the YMCA for 35 minutes while reading Self, barely breaking a sweat (but my legs were moving, which was the point!). What I really wanted to do was be in the awesome spin class I could hear, with sweat flying everywhere, my heart pounding and feeling like I am about to throw up.

OK rant over - I am going to continue my half assed exercise, because my ultimate goal is to recover and run a spring marathon, not have a great workout on October 22 2010. I think I truly understand how addicts feel now (well clearly I always did, hello ice cream) but there are worse things to be addicted to than exercise, like crack for example. Next week I'll be at that spin class though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.