Thank you so much for all the awesome "help babies stay alive" reading suggestions! I can't believe how many people reached out to give suggestions, both in comments and on Facebook. It's SLIGHTLY less terrifying now that I know there's tons of people willing to help.
Sometimes I get really tired and unmotivated. This is far from a new development in my life, but now I have something to blame it on, and no one can argue with me.
On Saturday (edited to add: and Sunday), I originally intended to do things like move, or be a human, but that didn't work out. I just laid down and read various things: blogs, birth stories, my book, Facebook statuses, etc. My diet consisted of toast with jelly, cheese, and some chocolate. #fitpregnancy #eatingfortwo But Sunday I ate actual veggies, and almost no desserts. The sad part was I was too tired to carry out my genius plan of going to the store during Easter dinner time and get all sorts of discount Easter candy.
But one of the kinds of cheeses was havarti with dill, which is basically a vegetable. Plus, jelly = fruit.
This happened. A while ago. It was awkward. I hated it.
You know what else is a bad idea? Telling me I don't really need to eat for two. You don't really need to open your big fat mouth. I'm also not interested in how little weight you gained during your pregnancy. #rant
We toured some daycares over spring break. I would love to take care of my baby myself, at least for like the first year or so. But I'd also love a butler and a boat and a pretty outdoor tulip garden and chocolate not to have calories, but we don't always get what we want. It was a big relief to actually meet some people who might watch our kid, and see that they seem pretty cool with safe, clean centers. It was also weird being on the opposite end of things, after having other people entrusting me with their kid for the past 9 years.
ONE WEEK until we find out the sex. Here's what won't be happening:
- Making a blue or pink cake
- Releasing balloons
- Pinatas with blue or pink confetti
- Making blue or pink handprints on my belly (seriously, this was on pinterest under "gender reveal")
Actually, if you think gender reveal parties are dumb (no judgement, we just prefer to do things like Hunger Games parties or everyone comes dressed as a different holiday parties), look up "gender reveal" on pinterest so you can laugh.
Here's what will be happening:
- You should ring in your guess now (I've felt 100% positive on boy since our 8 week ultrasound)
- I'll chug water then try not to pee myself on the way to the ultrasound (the first part per instructions, the second part is my own preference)
- We'll ask the tech to tell us and rejoice with "OMG A BOY" or "OMG A GIRL" if I'm wrong (unlikely)
- We'll tell our families using outdated, pre-pinterest technology - calling or texting
- We'll go to Target and each get to choose ONE cute gender specific outfit (we've been dying to buy clothes but are getting tons of hand-me-downs either way so we are enforcing this strict limit)
- I'll probably post a picture of the final outfit choices on instagram, where if you really want to you can follow me under my incredible creative, unique username: http://instagram.com/alyssalindsey
- No morning sickness
- Hair/nails growing super fast
- Baby's heart rate above 140 bpm
- Chinese lunar calendar prediction
- Ring test (dangling your wedding ring over your belly)
Boy or girl - what do you think?
What do people say to you that really irritates you and makes you want to slap them?