Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Run of 2010

We used to rent a 3 story rowhouse with a rooftop deck in downtown Baltimore. We could see the fireworks from the roof and had a party each year for New Year's Eve. Here's a little peek of some past parties....
NYE 2006 - it all begins ( I think I was taking this picture?)


2008 - The year of the face touching (sadly no pictures exist of 2007 - that's what kind of party it was)

2008
2009 - we moved so we went to NC to a friend's party.

Who knows what 2010 will bring?

I didn't realize until I just saw a facebook post that not only is the year ending, the decade is ending! Right? Or was that last year....very confusing.

My friends Lily and Mike came over this morning to do a 15 miler. Our training group is running at 10am tomorrow morning, and after about a week of convincing myself I'd be able to make it (I ran last New Year's Day!) I finally faced the truth that there was no way and texted my fellow partier/runner, Lily, to see if we could move it to New Year's Eve. (Believe it or not, a lot people in marathon training weren't planning on drinking tonight? Weird.) We had to run at 630 so Lily could go to work after - can't imagine doing that! I guess there are perks to being a teacher. We ended up just doing the same route Mike and I did last week, luckily I like it. We changed it a bit to a 12 mile route because that's what Lily was planning on, but she ended up sticking with me for the whole 15! After 12 we were back at my apartment, and thought a 1.5 mile out and back seemed so easy. Um, wrong. It was a bit tough. I forgot that marathon training is hard. But, we stuck with it and, as always, it was worth it at the end. I really want to focus on keeping the majority of the long run at a good pace. All of the miles that didn't include walking breaks were under 10 minute miles (my goal marathon pace) so I felt good about that.

Funny how your perception changes - when Lily showed up wearing her face warmer I told her I bought one just like it and loved it. She asked why I wasn't wearing it and I said because it wasn't cold enough - it was a balmy 28 degrees! I didn't wear my new gloves either (did wear the old, crappy ones) because I thought it was too warm. After 3 runs and 5 days in Rochester I appreciate the Baltimore weather quite a bit more.

2010 probably won't bring any wildness like the above pictures, we are just having 4 friends over for game night - but we have a ton of wine and beer! Really glad that long run is out of the way so I can drink my fair share.

I need to get to the grocery store for some goodies for tonight, the dollar store for some New Year's stuff to wear, plus figure out how to set up my new bread maker and make some pizza dough, make some seriously ridiculous calorie bomb amazing brownies, do laundry, and walk about a mile and a half to pick up my car! Eric was going to take me but he's sick and totally strung out on sudafed....he tried claiming he could drive but pouring a bowl of cereal seemed to be a bit of a challenge for him. I think I'll just do the world a favor and head over on foot.

As we like to say in the Lindsey household: I better get my ass jigglin'. Goodbye 2010, see you in 2011 for some New Year's Resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.