Monday, February 3, 2014

I have returned


Hey internets! After going dark for a week and a half, I'm back. I've gotten at least 3 requests to verify I'm alive in that time, which leads me to believe that this blog is not completely just for me (although it mostly is).

Well, believe it or not, I snubbed the internet in favor of real life people. I know, it's shocking and really unlike me, reserved for only the finest company.

My mom and stepdad visited last week, and they are significantly better than the internet, or at least, we took Buzzfeed quizzes together. There were quite a few wild activities.

Beer drinking.



Ikea. A world of its own. I tried Swedish meatballs for the first time.

Carrots don't grow on trees.
I actually consented to see a movie in theaters. Despite what this picture looks like, we were indoors.

Ironically, seeing Frozen. At least I think that's irony, based on what I learned from Alanis.
 
 
I've since listened to this song on repeat approximately 700 times since we left the theater.
 
 We did a lot of hanging around, chatting and watching TV. Sometimes that can make your back a little stiff. Thank god for bed specs.
 
 
It's not a visit in my family unless everything you eat is good enough to change your life.

Pioneer woman frittata, and bacon cheddar jalapeno cornbread.
 

They had to leave Wednesday morning, but we got a little extra time together in the form of a two hour delay. And the timing for that delay could not have been any more perfect.
It was the day the love of my life showed his underwear on Good Morning America!
Before they left, they literally made my dreams come true. I'm quite short (just shy of 5'2), and we have a hideously tiny kitchen, which requires us to store a lot of stuff really high up. I've wanted a step stool for awhile, but apparently not enough to, you know, actually go to the store and seek one out. Tuesday night, I had a dream they found the perfect one for me.

When I got home from work Wednesday, the stool was waiting for me in the kitchen! No longer must I fear (literally) not being up to the task of emptying the dishwasher.

Wednesday and Thursday night I had to work past my bedtime (8pm). Lots of people do this all the time, and don't whine about it, but I'm not one to avoid a chance to complain. Anyway, it didn't leave any time for blogging, as my priority was to get into bed within four seconds of taking my coat off.

Also, the new semester has begun for grad school.

We had bad weather tonight, so we got to attend class at home via the interwebz, and in my case,
in my forever lazy.
 

 
This weekend, I was on the edge of my seat with the rest of America during that nail biter of a game. I also did something far more exciting.


 

 
I had 90s movie night with my BFFs on Saturday, and after the movie (Reality Bites), we busted out the Twilight board game (possibly my finest Goodwill find). The rules were pretty complicated. It was like that game that Chandler makes up to force Joey to take his money.
 
yeah
Our favorite part was the "who can make the best Bella face" challenge.

Coming up with a way to take this picture with everyone's phones in use was harder than I'm comfortable with.
 
I would like it noted that I made Pioneer Woman mocha brownies last Sunday, and this is what they look like today.
 
I made these 8 DAYS AGO
It's rare for a pan of brownies to last even 3 days with just me and Eric, so for this to happen even when we had guests helping us eat them is truly shocking. Full disclosure - I went to Carolyn's for the superbowl, and I had a brownie that she made for dessert, but STILL. And it's not because they aren't delicious, they are EPIC.

It's good to be back on the internet. I might even go read a few blogs now, before I pass out.

What was your favorite 90s movie? I'm torn between Clueless, Titanic, and Forrest Gump. All classics.

9 comments:

  1. I feel like we are soul mates because I have that same step stool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My beer is now blog famous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous StepfatherFebruary 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

      Michael, blog fame isn't what it's cracked up to be, as evidenced by my repeated appearances here. Not one person has come up to me on the street and said "Hey, aren't you that guy from that blog?" But the beer was great though, well done!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back to the interwebs! It sounds like you had a great week with real people...totally worth not blogging.

    And I love Forrest Gump...classic, heartwarming, funny. It's really everything you could want in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real life is no excuse for abandoning your virtual friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, apparently I don't know how to comment from my phone. I left you a hilarious and long comment last night when I was high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mocha brownies have moved to the top of my to-do list. A blanket on me at the movie theater would mean INSTANT NAP. I applaud you for staying awake. Best Bella face is pretty awesome too. At 5'2", I feel your pain in all things related to kitchen cupboards. We bought a stepstool at Ikea a few years ago and my life has been changed for the better. Lastly, I submit my vote for Clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has nothing to do with '90s movies, BUT I feel like I have to let you know that my Friday afternoon was just salvaged when I remembered (HOW could I forget?!?!) that I had one - ONE - brownie left in the pan from baking done earlier this week. I used it to settle the sweet/chocolate/thing craving that was threatening to ruin my afternoon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.