Friday, October 5, 2012

College Reunion







After the amazingness of last weekend (family, friends, shopping, wine, marathon, cake), you may be concerned that this one could be a let down. Don't worry, that's far from the case. This weekend is going to another epic one.

Two of my BFFs from college are coming to visit for a Geneseo School of Education people we like reunion. This is huge, because the last time the three of us were together was over a year ago, and it's the first time my friend Nikki is spending a night away from her daughter. Obviously, the pressure is on to make this weekend one to remember, but we have an excellent track record with that.


Keepin' it classy at Nikki's wedding in 2009.

Our last reunion in 2011 - the baby is almost one and half now!
To make things extra special, my long lost to surgery residency running buddy Jackie and I are reuniting for a long run tomorrow morning. She requested to keep it extremely slow (like 10:00-10:30 min/miles) - something about being on her feet 100+ hours a week being tiring. Since this is my weekend in between back to back marathons, that seems like a wise choice. 

Yesterday, I noticed my legs were feeling almost back to normal. There was a Brooks sponsored group run at the store, and a huge group of my running friends showed up. We did six miles around the harbor and I added in a little before and after to bring my total to ten miles. This was the first time in over a week that I've run with a watch (that's like an eternity for me). My average pace was 9:04, which really surprised me, I expected to be much slower only 4 days post-race. 

I had a training on shoe inserts last night, which meant I didn't get home for the day and eat dinner until around 10pm. I tried so hard to get up at 5am to run, but it just didn't happen. I really hate running in the evening, so hopefully next week I can get my sleep schedule back on track. 

Do you like having people visit you from out of town? I love it, except I'm stressed because this week has been so super busy that my hostess skills are going to be severely lacking.

8 comments:

  1. Your weekend is going to be awesome, but, I'm not going to lie, I'm really looking forward to doing absolutely nothing this weekend. I have to mentally prepare myself for how awesome next weekend will be when you get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people visiting but after awhile, it does get exhausting. I feel like I always fall so behind on my "normal" life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when people visit, but by Monday I feel like I need a whole extra weekend to recover from the weekend!

    Don't worry about not getting up at 5. I did get up at 5...then crapped out on half my run. Sleep deprivation is awful for running. So is the fact that this new job has me wearing heels ALL the time.

    On another note, I'm glad you're feeling so positive with two marathons in 3 weeks. I'm doing that soon and I'm very nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the company! Sounds like a great time.

    Keep those legs fresh, you crazy marathon woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're like super human now with your race recovery. Your body is like "Oh, just 26 miles? Yawn" :)

    Enjoy your weekend! Make sure you don't let your friend watch any diaper commercials. Those are designed to make you miss your kid. So evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate people visiting from out of town because it's always my in-laws. I need cooler visitors and then it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, the comment above me makes me laugh. I like house guests for like, 3-4 days maximum. We've had a lot of week - 2 week guests lately, and that's too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reuniting with college friends always makes for an epic weekend. As we get older I can only handle these epic weekends every so often though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.