1. Yesterday at dismissal, one of my kids asked me if I was a "first, second, third, fourth or what?". I thought for a second it was one of those things the cool kids trick you with, like the Pen 15 club (any other members out there?). But then he clarified that he was asking if I was the first person with my name. He told me his title is "Uncle Jesse Everdeen the 4th". (Names have been changed for privacy). So naturally my response was to yell "Alyssa Lindsey, first of her name" and then get totally distracted thinking of what cool titles I could add after it instead of "mother of dragons", but I had to get refocused before I could think of anything good, because dismissal can get kind of chaotic as it is.
2. I thought that was the highlight of my day, until my mom tweeted me this. I don't remember the last time I read something that had me laughing so hard. Tears were streaming down my face. It's officially in the top ten for the entire internet.
3. For a Monday, yesterday actually had some good stuff. I had a late night (7:30-9:30) meeting at my second job. No offense to anyone hosting it, but that wasn't the good part (and if anyone reading has ever been to an enjoyable meeting, please let me know asap how this unheard of phenomenon occurred). After one of those fun days at work where you spend the entire day so stressed you want to vomit, I randomly texted my friend to see if she could meet to run downtown before my meeting. (Side note - I had to run at night because said stress prevented me from sleeping the night before). We met for a nice, cool 7 mile run, and got to catch up for the first time in months. I did another 2.1 after while staring at a gorgeous sunset, and felt like a new person. This was absolutely the first run where I'd felt normal in over a week.
4. I ran 6 miles this morning. I had low hopes for a 5am run after getting home around 10pm the night before, but it was actually great. That was thanks in no small part to listening to Divergent on audiobook. I read it before, but I needed a refresher before the third book comes out this month!
5. I appreciate all the responses on my quest for more white chocolate candy corn M&Ms. I did see them at Target, but they only had the big bag, and my damn lack of willpower meant that would only last a night and end in heartache. I desperately wanted some tonight, and went to Safeway. Huge mistake. They have some sort of beef with Halloween and didn't even have regular candy corn, and I was stuck with a Caramello. The worst part was, there were some out there, just waiting for me to devour them.
At least one member of the Miller clan (my sister - Miller was my maiden name - fun fact right?) got to enjoy them.
|I'll expect my kickback any day now, M&Ms.|
6. On a related note, you may all be relieved to know that I have already placed my girl scout cookie order and have not repeated last year's mistake. I will be receiving Thin Mints and will never again try a new type of cookie (although what's up with Samoas now being called Caramel D'Lites or something weird like that?). I'll admit though, after placing my order, I did kind of regret it. Last year I blogged about how pissed I was that I didn't get Thin Mints and I had THREE amazing people go out of their way to give me a box (thanks Dan, Kristin, and mom!).
7. Coming next on the blog - how to prepare when you have a marathon in 4 days (which I do). Aside from the obvious tips I've already shared, like obsess over candy and cookies and fail at adequate sleep. Just kidding, I'm in no way prepared for this race/overpriced training run.
You know, my blog doesn't always live up to it's name, but in today's post, it just may have.
What awesome title would you give yourself? I'm thinking something like "Alyssa Lindsey, true heir to the Iron Throne,slayer of chocolate, defender of Twilight, champion of sleep", off the top of my head. If this means nothing to you, seriously, get with the program.
Just in case - favorite seasonal candy? Mine is either candy corn or Cadbury Cream Eggs.