In my last post, I was a bit of a Debbie Downer. If you didn't get that vibe, don't worry, those who know me in real life did. So I'd like to take tonight as an opportunity to celebrate the little things in life. It's awfully hard for me not to make posts like this all about food, since that really is the best thing in life, but I'll try.
1. I'm sucking less at running!
I ran 7 miles yesterday and 6 tonight. For those of you keeping track at home, that means it's only Tuesday and I've already done more than half of my entire mileage from last week (13 vs. 24). That sentence came out really math-y. I don't even teach math this year, so I don't know what happened. My apologies.
2. It's October 22. Today is freaking huge. For one, Katy Perry's new album comes out.
Second, Allegiant comes out. For a second I was going to put up a google image of the book cover, but why don't we just enjoy some more eye candy and stare at Four.
|I tried to think of a good catch phrase but there's no "May the odds be ever in your favor" in this case. Faction before blood!|
Ok, granted I haven't enjoyed either yet. I am downloading Katy's new album now. I was going to preview it, but then I just told myself "get real". Like there is any chance I wasn't going to buy it and love it.
I just finished listening to Divergent, and began Insurgent on yesterday's run. I read them both before, but they are so action packed I flew through them and apparently barely comprehended them at all because there's a lot of a surprising information the second time around. Now I am freaking dying to know what happens so I need to finish Insurgent and for some reason tonight I ran with no headphones to decompress after work or something and that was a tremendous mistake.
3. Alright, two solid non - food things, so let's talk about food. I absolutely love Panera. I've eaten there twice in the past 4 days and I have no regrets. It's weird because I am usually one of those annoying "I don't want to eat at a chain!" people, but I could eat Panera every night and never want to stop. I had dinner with my friend there tonight, and got a Pumpkin Spice Latte for dessert. It was so sweet my teeth hurt. Just how I like it.
4. Clearly, no dessert is complete without chocolate. My parents introduced me to this unbelievably good homemade chocolate shop this weekend, and they had some unusual flavor combinations.
|Just the perfect amount of balsamic, and goat cheese.|
5. I treated myself to the fancy sleep mask at Target. My old one was all stretched out and letting all sorts of light in. Truly, I suffer. This one has a soft little rest for your eyes at the bottom and when I tried it on at the store, it was a complete black out.
|I was so excited about it I wanted to take two pictures to show the front and the back,|
but I felt that crossed into the true weirdo category.
6. This happened. And I really didn't see any reason to retype for the blog when a screen shot of my Facebook status would suffice.
|If you ever want to feel old, tell a child how phones |
used to be connected to a cord, and if you needed to get something
in another room, you had to tell the person to "hold on".
It really is the little things in life.
What little things are rocking your world right now?
What do you eat that causes other people to dry heave?
Edited to add: I'm listening to Katy's new album now, and loving it so far.