In honor of my 29th birthday today, I'll share 29 things that I think are/will be awesome while I'm 29.
|Posting this picture only because I think it's a good picture of us.|
I tried not to get too sappy, but I took extra consideration and wrote the cheesy ones in red so that any cynics like me can skip over those ones.
In no particular order:
1. The Katy Perry movie comes out July 5th. I don't care if I have to go by myself (pretty sure I will), I'll be at the theater soaking in the beauty that day.
2. Speaking of cinematic bliss, in less than two months we will be the proud owners of the Hunger Games DVD.
3. Running- here's a "is this normal or is this weird?" moment. Every day I get excited about how I can actually run and I don't have any illness or injury or anything that prevents me. Like, honestly every day I think about this. Please weigh in.
4. I'm going to San Diego in just 3 days!
5. I consider all my immediate family my BFFs. When people say things like "I'm glad I have a buffer zone from my parents", it confuses me just as much as when people say things like "that dessert was too sweet, I couldn't finish it". It just doesn't even make any sense. I'm obsessed with my family and can never get enough time with them. Moving 400 miles away didn't help.
6. Biking - I just need to talk for a second about how much I love this. A little over a year ago it scared the crap out of me and now I can't get enough. By this logic I'll be requesting a pet tarantula for my 30th birthday.
7. Next month Eric and I will be an aunt and uncle! How great is that? We are going to have a nephew!
8. Ragnar in Miami for Lily's 30th birthday. If flying to Florida to alternate sleeping in a van full of sweaty people with running in the middle of the night doesn't appeal to you, your title of "runner" will be immediately stripped away.
|It may be my birthday, but I'll give this gift to my readers. So selfless.|
10. Chocolate. Obviously. It's my birthday, so calories don't count, which incidentally is the philosophy I follow the other 364 days of the year as well. Turns out if you have a blog dedicated to chocolate, you get all sorts of wonderful treats for your birthday.
11. Coffee. Without it, I would probably be in jail for slapping the first person to say "good morning" to me prior to 10:30 am. Also, it's delicious, smells good, and is just fun to drink. Confession - I'm really jealous of Amanda for coming up with such a perfect blog name.
13. My running buddy - she met me at 5am so we could start my birthday off with a ten mile run!
15. Friends. I'm extremely socially awkward and shy, so it consistently amazes me that people other than my mom willingly spend time with me. Not just any people though, some of the most wonderful people I've ever known.
16. The internet - you can't go wrong here. It brings me so many hours of amusement, and it has also provided me with the majority of my new friends recently. I may have to assure my husband that I'm not inviting serial killers to sleep over numerous times, but so far all these friendships have worked out great.
17. I'm married to a hottie. Also, he waits on me hand and foot whenever I ask him too. I lucked out here.
18. DVR - those of you living without it, I don't understand you.
19. Lady Gaga - she can wear meat dresses all she wants, her music has helped me through many races.
20. My iPhone - I used to need a camera, ipod, and phone - now I have one device that does it all, plus has the internet, PLUS has Words with Friends.
21. Words with Friends - my number one goal as a 29 year old is to improve at this game. I will put career, my master's degree, running, and personal relationships on the backburner if need be.
22. JFK 50 - I don't think anybody who hasn't done Stone Mill can fully appreciate how excited I am to be running a 50 mile race that will actually be 50 MILES.
23. Wine. It's helped me through some rough times, and I plan on continuing our relationship well into the future.
24. The Hartford Marathon - running with Kari, Emily, and Emily is going to be epic. It's not until October and one of us probably mentions how we can't wait at least once a week.
25. I'm still in my 20s. For 364 more days. I need to enjoy this.
26. Breaking Dawn part 2! If it is released the night before my 50 mile race again, my life will be complete.
|If this doesn't excite you, you are dead to me.|
27. I work with great people. Last week, my fellow third grade teacher friend made me brownies for my birthday. I don't have to worry about being exhausted from waking up at 4am today to run, because my hall bestie (yes we actually call each other that at work) is treating me to Starbucks at lunch. Even more importantly, she watches my class whenever I have to pee.
28. Our 4 year anniversary next month - obviously, I will take any excuse to bake and eat cake, but it goes deeper than that. We are going to the Smoky Mountains for some hiking and since I'm basically spending the next 10 days on trips away from Eric, I'm pretty psyched. We watch our wedding video every year on our anniversary - seriously, any future brides reading, DO NOT skip the wedding video!
29. Christmas - I'm obsessed with any holiday, but ESPECIALLY Christmas, and especially this year when it won't be all adults! From what I've heard a 5 month old might not participate fully in all the activities, but he'll still be adorable to look at.