My favorite month is finally here (as of 5 days ago). June has always been my favorite month, because it's my birthday month, and it marks the beginning of my favorite season, summer.
Have you ever seen that movie, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? I used to love it as a kid. As a result of one of the songs, I thought getting married in June was of the utmost importance.
Of course, as an adult, I wised up and realized that having my birthday and anniversary in the same month might lead to a reduction in presents and cake, and spread them out a little.
Here's some reasons June, and particularly June 2012 is going to be awesome.
1. Yesterday was the last Monday of the school year - at 12:30 on Friday it's all over!
|Only if I was a career, though.|
2. My birthday - June 19th, so you may want to get started on the shopping. Hint - anything chocolate.
3. San Diego - I'm going on a trip for work, and they are letting me fly down early to explore the city with my friend who lives in San Francisco. It will be my first time on the West Coast and I could not be more excited.
4. As soon as I get back from SD, we're heading north to visit my family. I'll be helping to throw my sister's baby shower! I haven't been home since January, and I don't know how I let that happen, it's just unacceptable. This is the first baby shower I've ever helped throw, so hopefully it turn come out as well as the invitations did. Luckily my mom and some family friends are doing about 99.9% of the work/planning, so it should be pretty sweet.
|The invitations our friend designed|
Here's some reasons that June has already rocked my world.
1. The return of Pioneer Woman iced coffee. The official switch from hot to iced coffee is really when summer begins in my mind.
|Lots of work, lots of deliciousness|
3. Wine festivals
On Sunday I attended the Great Grapes wine festival for the third time in a row. I hope to never skip a year. Sitting outside, drinking wine, and picnicking all day is my version of Heaven.
The best thing about wine festivals is that, unlike in a typical drinking environment, such as a bar, it's completely acceptable and even encouraged to lay down and take a nap in the middle. Maybe even more than one nap.
I fit in a little bit of fun, easy, non-training exercise this past weekend. A 21 mile bike ride on Saturday with Lily, and a 5 mile run on Sunday. I was going to do more, but sleeping in seemed like more fun, and I might as well enjoy that while I can. Training for JFK starts in June as well!
What's your favorite month? Why?