Tuesday, March 4, 2014
39 + 1 Questions
I'm stealing this from Holly, because
1. I'm having blogger writer's block.
2. I weirdly like reading other people's, I guess because I'm nosy.
3. I used to love these quizzes as a teen and if you didn't then you had a sad childhood and are probably dead inside.
1. Were you named after anyone? No, although my name has made me vow to make sure I name my own future children easy to pronounce and spell names. I won't call anyone out on the internet but I've known people for YEARS who still pronounce my name wrong.
2. When was the last time you cried? Watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics when that girl broke her leg in the skiing tryouts the first day in Sochi and couldn't compete but managed to get out of her wheelchair and walk in the opening ceremonies. Not crying at that would be another indication that you're dead inside. That also might be a record for me in time without crying.
3. Do you like your handwriting? It's hideous, but who cares? That's the beauty of living in a digital age.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Smoked turkey, or that kind with herbs or pepper in it. I still don't know how I went so long without it.
5. Do you have kids? I've devoted my life to molding young minds, that should be enough.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Clearly. As my Twitter profile says, I'm awesome.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Never. I think everyone should be completely honest at all times and everything should be taken at face value.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, it's part of my life goal to NEVER EVER have surgery. 30 years of success so far.
9. Would you bungee jump? I'm a huge wimp so it's pretty unlikely, but Uncle Jesse faced his fear and did it, so I suppose it's possible.
10 What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but for actual breakfast maybe Honey Bunches of Oats. As long as it's with whole milk or at least 2%, skim milk is for people who hate themselves.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, I'm pretty lazy.
12. Do you think you are strong? My arms are generally sore from carrying groceries in, so I'll go ahead and say no on that one.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Cookies and Cream, but only if the base is sweet cream, not vanilla.
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? Race. Definitely race.
15. Red or pink? Pink.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Probably my anxiety. I could do without that, it's a major pain in the ass. I wouldn't miss my laziness if it left, either.
17. Any tattoos? One, got it on my 18th birthday!
18. Do you have any hobbies? Running, cooking (sort of), sleeping, working on adding crocheting to the list
19. What color shoes are you wearing? I literally never wear shoes in my own home unless I'm seconds away from leaving. The same goes for pajamas.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Cadbury mini eggs!
21. What are you listening to right now? Eric typing his grad work.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? This is a dumb ass question and I'm not answering it.
23. Favorite smells? Coffee, gingerbread, basically anything that's not gross I guess
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My sister, if FaceTime counts! And my nephew, if people who can't actually speak (but can use sign language) count.
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? Beach, definitely.
26. Favorite sport to watch? I guess Ravens football games - other than that, nothing.
27. Hair color? Red
28. Eye colors? Brown
29. Do you wear contacts? Nope - never had glasses or contacts! Although I'm concerned this could change as my age continues to advance
30. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. And only if I've seen it before or read the book or minimum 50 people have told me they loved it and I will love it, otherwise I'm not watching it.
31. Last movie you watched? I think I watched Eclipse halfheartedly last weekend - I hate watching movies usually.
32. What color shirt are you wearing? Navy Blue with my alma mater GENESEO on it!
33. Summer or winter? Summer, I love it so much. I hate being cold.
34. Hugs or kisses? This is another dumb ass question but I'll use it to put out there that I HATE hugs. If we're are close, let's go for it, but they are not to be substituted for handshakes. They make me super uncomfortable and I only hug people that initiate it, because I never will.
35. Computer or television? Computer, I'm an internet addict. Not that I don't love TV.
36. What book are you reading right now? Finishing up a chick lit novel called The Fixer Upper and then I plan to start Kara's recommendation, Escape from Camp 14.
37. What’s on your mouse pad? A cupcake. It was $.99 at Rugged Warehouse, a wonderful establishment I highly suggest you check out.
38. What color is your house? We're low life apartment dwellers, and it's like a hideous brown on the outside, and builder grade white on the inside, because again, LAZY.
39. What color is your car? The civic is navy blue.
Olive To Run added:
Why isn’t there a number 40? I hate odd numbers so I’m going to make one up.
40. What you go back to school for if money wasn’t an issue? Something that makes serious money, because whoever said money can't buy happiness was clearly not an underpaid teacher with a lame apartment and dented Honda civic.