Sunday, March 2, 2014

Don't bother eating heathy, the universe forbids it


Believe it or not, I have a ton of interesting activities to report this Sunday. Granted, the majority took place Thursday night, not on the actual weekend, but it still counts.

Yes, Thursday night I engaged in more social activities than probably 99% of my weekends. First, I attended our after work teacher bootcamp class, although I could only stay for 10 minutes, that's how busy and important I am. (It still hurt).

Then, I went over to my friend Michelle's house to meet her new baby! This would be way more exciting if I actually had pictures of her, but we were too busy talking, so just trust me, she's 5 weeks old and absolutely gorgeous.

From there, I headed to the running store for a group run, even though it was like in the teens and windy and freezing. I survived four miles with my friend Alex and then we went out for dinner/drinks with a few other friends. Still, no pictures, so imagine a gigantic burger stuffed with cheese and jalapenos. I stayed out until the late hour of 9pm. The drive home was devoted to self - flagellation for my terrible decision to live without burgers for what is still currently more than half my life. Also, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I used to be one of those people who ordered salads instead of fries. It's a miracle I have any friends after such shenanigans.

Friday night I returned to my usual speed. We had pizza and a How I Met Your Mother  marathon on the couch. I did discover something lifechanging though. Did you know you can get stuffed crust pizza in the frozen section of the grocery store? And it's actually really good?

The slogan is true!

Be warned, though, the box is deceiving. It looks huge, but Eric had to go back to the store to get a second one because it was way too small for two normal adults. I also bought a salad, to try to be a little healthy, but it was disgusting and slimy so I made Eric return it when he went to get the second pizza. That was clearly the universe telling us not to even bother.

On Saturday I worked on my project for grad school. I'm in my capstone class (graduate in August!). That means that you get a huge ass project assigned in January, it's due in May, and then they're like "ok go!". No actual classes or anything in between. It sounds great, but that's a bit of a problem for people like me who aren't motivated in the slightest. My advisor emailed this week and said we should be working 8-10 hours a week on it. Um, that's a part time job. That I'm actually paying them for. With money from my full time job, that already keeps me what I consider busy enough. Long story short, I don't like this.

I did take a break to do a little run outside. We are supposedly getting another huge storm tomorrow, so I think it's safe to say winter is never ending and the snow will be here forever.

I was really looking forward to Saturday night though. First of all, I was reunited with the pottery frog I painted a few weeks ago.

From this
To this
To this!

Second of all, I met my besties downtown for a girls dinner/shopping trip. I stuffed my face with delicious Pad Thai and had some exciting Five and Below finds.

GIANT PEEPS EXIST. Pink ones for size reference.

I got Eric this cup. It matches a shirt he owns.

What's the most delicious thing you ate all weekend? I need ideas, this weekend will be hard to top.
 

8 comments:

  1. Those peeps are horrifically large.

    I had a super exciting weekend. Yesterday afternoon, my boyfriend and I took a 90 minute nap. Best weekend ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your HIMYM marathon on Friday night! John is over that show. We usually watch something and he often falls asleep before me. :) I really enjoyed my fro yo on Friday night. It always makes me so happy. Especially after a really long week! Glad you found the giant peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG: Pottery frog!! I think you might have missed your calling. But it's not too late...

    I am greedily working my way through a box of Girl Scout cookies, Thin Mints to be exact. But the best thing I ate this weekend was some plantanos maduros (fried plantains, Puerto Rican style.) If you have never had them, they are absolutely addicting, even more so than Thin Mints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made my own stuffed crust pizza before with string cheese baked into the crust. It's awesome.

    The most exciting thing I did this weekend was go out to brunch with a friend in New Haven...that's a 30 minute drive! WILD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahaha that cup made me laugh out loud. I need to get one for Patrick.

    Most delicious thing this weekend? Probably the spaghetti I made on Friday night...although we are making skillet nachos tonight, so it might be topped.

    Also, it needs to stop snowing. I am over this crap (but I am excited for an excuse to work from home in my pjs tomorrow!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH man! I was in LA this past weekend and we went to Dim Sum in Chinatown. Cindy's mom and aunt are actually from China so they were speaking Chinese with the waiters in a completely authentic place, and it was so good. I have no idea what exactly I was eating, but it was seriously delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Target has white chocolate cadbury mini eggs. They are very close to being as good as candy corn flavored M&Ms. Go get them and some extra large sweatpants. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That frog is adorable. Way to go! *high five from one non-artsy to another!*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.