Thursday, March 27, 2014

A typical day at the office


Just another day at the office. Watching a helicopter land and take off outside my window.


Some sort of program for pre-K that we enjoyed as well.


Definitely the high point of the week.

So this is my first week of the second trimester. All the books/websites/other women in my life say it's the honeymoon period where everything is roses. But I've heard that the babies don't read the books, and apparently my lemon sized fetus is no exception. It didn't get the message that the first tri was supposed to suck (which I am eternally grateful for), but it also doesn't know the second tri is supposed to be full of energy.

So this week has been more of the "sleeping 11 hours and then still barely staying awake at work" type. But, I can't complain, because I have things like the helicopter to keep me alert.

As for workouts, the motto this week is "just do anything and it's better than sitting on the couch". Last week, I worked out every day: ran 13 miles, a prenatal workout (Summer Sanders, former Olympian - it's hard I swear! Not like "be one with your baby" breathing crap), a Jillian Michaels workout, a boot camp, and yoga. This week, I've managed about 30 minutes a day of either running or biking indoors. I have big plans to run the length of an entire Game of Thrones episode tomorrow. We'll see.

Barely working out and insomnia mean I'm getting a lot of time to read! I'm currently working my way through The Uglies series (it's in the Hunger Games/Divergent genre). After that, I'll move back to another adult book. I'm trying to alternate my young adult/adult books so I don't feel too stupid (although this series has 4 books, so I'll be in young adult for a bit).

This weekend I'm going to my BFF Carolyn's baby shower! I was having major anxiety over the thought of looking at baby supplies, but I feel much calmer now, and ready to focus on measuring her bump with toilet paper and eating cake. As it should be.

Do you feel guilty if you read young adult books? I embrace life's guilty pleasures, personally.

7 comments:

  1. I teach high school, so I call my guilty-pleasure reading "research." Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about embracing guilty pleasures. Hope you get some energy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone I've talked to said the "tons of energy" theory is crap. I've been exhausted the entire pregnancy, so don't feel bad.

    I'm not reading YA stuff, but I am reading lots of trashy chick lit. I think it's all my brain can process these days...or that's just what I'm telling myself so I can read trash and not feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, you know where I stand on young adult books :) I've been so busy though that I'm still on the first page of The Uglies!

    And also, thank you for not sharing all of your symptoms like constipation and acne...on a weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I agree, I've been slacking on the work out front too this week. At least you have a legitimate excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimesters were all the same (for the most part -- except at the very end when everything sucks).

    keep up the workouts!!! the best thing about pregnancy is that every workout counts…you get credit for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember if I told you to read the Matched series. It's a YA dystopia type series, not as good as Divergent or Hunger Games, but still good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.