It's Thursday, time for some random thoughts.
1. Am I the only one that cries every time I watch the Olympics? I love watching the athletes win medals. Especially when they turn around in the pool and see the scoreboard or whatever they look at. Oh, and when they cut to the parents going crazy. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
|Yes NBC, she has won my heart.|
2. I haven't been able to wake up early in the mornings to run, because working part time is just exhausting. I end up running right in the hottest part of the day. No, really it's because I'm up late with the rest of America watching the Olympics. My upcoming tri comes in handy because the run will be later in the day, so I can just pretend I did it on purpose to acclimate to the heat. Crap, now if my run sucks on Saturday I'll have no excuse.
3. I always do my last run before a race naked - no music, no Garmin. Today I enjoyed 8 miles with nothing but my ice water and my awful side stitches. I've actually been trying to wean myself off music to prepare for JFK, which is strict about not allowing headphones. I hardly listen to music on any of my weekday runs anymore, and I've worked my way up to 10 miles of silence. So now if I can just add another 40 miles on to that, I'm good to go.
4. I'm working from home today! I've never done that and it's very exciting. I have a list of tasks to accomplish for a committee I'm on at school, and I'm doing them on my couch, in my pajamas, while doing laundry. Amazing.
5. I've been a Brooks convert for a year or so now, but recently Mizuno sent me a pair of Wave Inspires to try out as part of the Mezamashii project.
They are stability shoes, so still similar in level of support to my beloved Brooks Adrenalines. I've worn them for around 30-40 miles now, and I think I can safely say that I love them!
|I'm so reflective, even in daylight.|
Are you devoted to music? If so, would you ever do a race that forbids it?
Anyone else get emotional watching the Olympics, or am I total freak?