Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Part 1

Yesterday's workout - Body Attack - seriously love this class
Today's workout - 5 mile run at average 9:28 pace.
I have to say I am pretty proud of myself for dragging myself out of bed at 445 so I could complete this run before teaching morning math, teaching my class all day, then grad class after that. Tuesdays are lame, except for when Glee is on.

With it being Thanksgiving week, I think I am going to try to write a post each day about something I am thankful for. Today - my body. I just read a facebook post from an old coworker who received a long awaited kidney transplant this morning, and when I got home from work she had posted that they already needed to remove it due to complications. I am so sad for her. That really makes me appreciate what my body can do, I am so grateful it allows me to exercise daily, run marathons, clean the house, hug my family, etc. For some people just taking a short walk is truly a challenge and I am lucky my body is fully functioning so I want to appreciate that each day. A lot of people, especially girls my age it seems, myself included, get overly focused on appearance. "My hips are too wide, my butt is huge, I have a muffin top, etc". Rather than looking in the mirror and thinking something negative, or looking at someone else and comparing myself to her, I am trying to look at a race medal or my running shoes and be proud of my accomplishments and thankful to my body for allowing me to reach my goals.

On a lighter note, I'm not doing any black Friday shopping because I have no gift ideas - this is tragic, I love Black Friday! On the bright side we are going to spend the day putting up our Christmas tree! It's my first time putting up my own tree as a grown up - a little delayed but that's usually how I roll. I'm running behind on that whole maturity thing as well.

I'll get the black Friday experience at the grocery store tomorrow, so I don't need to mourn the loss too much. I've got a full day of three doctor's appointments (just the usual tests/checkups, I just tried to schedule them all together), followed by shopping and picking up our Turkey Trot packets. Then I'm staying the heck off the road because it took me 45 minutes to drive like 8 miles home from class today, and it's only going to get worse.


Why didn't the turkey eat anything at Thanksgiving dinner?
Answer coming up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.