1. Last year I attended the ISTE conference (technology for teachers) in San Diego, and finally learned first hand that it is possible to love a city.While I'm not cheating on San Diego, I just returned from attending the conference in San Antonio, and I think that place has earned a close second in my heart. Like I mentioned, I've been there probably nearly 10 times now, but the most recent was back in 2007. Fun fact: we took one of our Save the Date pictures there (at Sea World).
I was having fantasies for weeks about margaritas on the gorgeous River Walk (which is pretty much what it sounds like....a huge stretch of restaurants/bars/shops along a river) and I was not disappointed. Apparently I suck at capturing beauty on camera and for some reason blogger is insisting on rotating the few halfway decent ones I have. So look at these, but imagine it being about 3,000 times better in person. And imagine drinking a margarita. And imagine it being 100 degrees out, but you don't care because you are SO HAPPY to be in San Antonio.
|View from our hotel room ....still awesome.|
I wanted to cry when I left. For real.
2. Margaritas > exercise. I did a lame 40 minute elliptical session Monday, and a super slow 5 mile run along the River Walk Wednesday. I actually saw some of the prettiest views on my run away from the touristy/bar section, but I hadn't brought my camera or phone because it was insanely hot and I didn't need either one to be destroyed by sweat.
3. One time we were on the shuttle bus to the conference and this lady told my friend Kristin that Microsoft was giving away free tablets. Sounds crazy and way too good to be true right?
|Well, it wasn't. Also I never got the memo that we were supposed to all dress alike that day.|
|It allows me to browse the internet from a nearly horizontal position, and I love anything that allows further laziness.|
Before you judge me for cranking my air so high that I need a robe and a snuggie in June, allow me to remind you that I'm a freak and always cold. Eric was in shorts and nothing else and sweating while he took this picture.
4. I wanted to eat nothing but Mexican food with shocking amounts of guacamole on my trip, but I did deviate for some authentic Texas barbecue. I don't think I've had any barbecue since returning from the dark side (vegetarianism).
|Super dark instagram #proof|
5. Because blogging is awesome, I already had a friend to hang out with in San Antonio! Steph and I got margaritas (are you sensing a bit of a theme here?) on Tuesday and just enjoyed the views and talked for hours. It was fabulous.
|Probably should have taken the pic before I spent like 4 hours in 100 degree sunlight, but whatev.|
7. I tried really hard to find where I took the picture on my 20th birthday in San Antonio that I posted last week so I could recreate it, but I failed. They must have changed stuff because I took a boat ride all over one end of the river and ran to the other end. So I took this really, really pretty picture with a bull. Not quite as good as my race pictures or childhood pictures, but close.
8. I'm trying really hard to prepare for the Idiot's 100k, and that includes getting acclimated to heat. That, or Eric and I developed an obsession with New Girl and I stayed up way too late to run before I had to go to work this morning. So I ran 7 miles in the afternoon.
|On a non-shaded route, at a 9:18 pace, I might add.|
Do you hate when bloggers always try to pretend there is some other reason why they had to do some crazy ass workout after stuffing their face? Or are you judging me for doing the same (although it wasn't exactly crazy, just insane ..... see what I did there)?