Sorry, but I think I've published enough horrible pictures of myself on this blog so far (feel free to check out any of my race recaps if you want proof, in fact, I just completely redid the page!). I will post this picture of me looking like I'm running a 35 minute mile from JFK as a concession.
Eric and I recently reached a new level in our marriage. First of all, he even sent me this text the other day.
I'm his wife, and I fully approve this message. Bacon is just ridiculously good. However, this is a big deal because we normally never, ever text unless it's of the "did you buy milk?" or "today is the last day of open enrollment, did you adjust our health insurance?" variety. Those of you who are in "here's what I ate for breakfast honey!" text type relationships may be judging, but that's how we roll.
But that's not even what I'm talking about. We shared a wonderful new experience together. Monday morning, we worked out at 5am together. This is a big deal for several reasons.
- We do not work out together. We ran about a mile together one time, that was a disaster, and when we used to go to the same gym, we maybe drove together and worked out at the same time here and there.
- Eric does not work out in the morning. This accounts for about 85% of #1. The other 15% is because we don't like the same workouts, and we don't get along if one of us tries to do the other's workout.
But I really wanted to try P90X after JFK for a change of pace, and Eric was having trouble fitting in evening workouts, so we found ourselves doing pull ups at the ungodly time of about 5:12 am. (I had to use a chair). The first day was chest and back. It felt weird to me because I wasn't gasping for breath like I'm used to, but Eric kept assuring me that as long as I felt pain, it was working. I feel pain typing this blog post, so I guess it worked.
It was fun hanging out together first thing in the morning, but it seems we are really, really dumb at 5am. Here's some examples:
- Monday, we finished our workout, then realized it was way before we needed to start getting ready, so we just went back to bed for like an hour (we weren't sweaty so judge us only for stupidity, not grossness).
- Tuesday, we woke up a little later, but then realized the workout was plyometrics, aka jumping, and doing that in a third floor apartment before sunrise wasn't going to win us any friends. We went back to bed again and planned to do the workout tonight, but I have class so we can't start until super later, way past when I'm usually half passed out on the couch in my Forever Lazy.
- Also on Tuesday, Eric didn't get up exactly when he said he was going to, so he got to wake up to me leaning over him, taking his pulse to see if he was alive. He's a lucky man.
Do you work out with your significant other?
Are you in a non-texting relationship or a texting what you ate for breakfast relationship? You all know what I mean.