Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's my pretzel day



To continue with yesterday's theme of being positive, here's a few reasons why this is a great Thursday.

1. It's my favorite day of the year: field day. Remember how much fun it was when you were a kid? It still is. I'm super non competitive, but for some reason I totally switch to the other side on field day. Anyone in my class can tell you: on field day, it IS about winning. I think this meme sums up my feelings nicely.

Can you believe there's only one more episode?

2. I generally put extremely little effort into my appearance to go to work. My "beauty routine" centers mainly around showering and brushing my teeth. Field day is one of those special days (like pajama day, which my class has already had twice this year and is probably due for a third) when I get to dial it down even more.

3. My Delaware marathon shirt actually fits really well and doesn't have any alcohol logos, so I can wear it for Field Day.

4. I had planned to go to hot yoga after school and now I don't even have to change my clothes! I realized this last night and probably should be embarrassed with how excited I got. Truly, it's the little things in life.

5. I woke up to a notification that a DJ from my favorite radio show is following me. That's celeb status in my world.



6. My wakeup discoveries continued to delight me as I went to get some coffee.

If you haven't seen this movie, watch it now.
That movie is actually what inspired my blog title, so it's near and dear to my heart. I'm not sure exactly what Eric was trying to tell me with that. We don't talk during the day, so I'm pretty eager to hear the story behind this tonight.

There were some downers yesterday. This was on my classroom floor. 

Seriously, what IS that?
We also watched How I Met Your Mother, and were pretty underwhelmed by the mother. On top of that, I have to deal with the depression of that season ending, one more episode of The Office EVER (even though it's lame now), and only 3 more episodes of Game of Thrones. Seriously trifling. 

I ended up doing 45 pretty easy minutes on the elliptical yesterday, followed by foam rolling and stretching. I had to loosen up for field day, and I do feel a lot better today.

Shocking, right?


Because I hate all animals: except for llamas.

What little thing is making your day right now? I love how little things fill me with total joy. Of course, it also goes the other way when things don't go well, but it's better to ignore that. 



10 comments:

  1. 1. That's a mushed cricket.

    2. I have never even heard of that movie before.

    3. Llamas are just long necked dogs. They even protect livestock like dogs. Ergo, you like dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that the Office is basically over, but the past two episodes have been almost old-office level of hilarious. It's like a mean tease.

    I loved field day so much in school. I'm jealous you get to relive it.

    The little things making me happy this week is the same thing that makes me happy every week: I work from home in my pajamas with my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, what IS that thing on the floor?!

    Man, field day was awesome! Do they still do the shoe kick? Or the one where an entire class would put their shoes in a hula hoop and chaos would ensue when everyone ran down to find their shoe and put it on??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crushed cricket. Hey, at least it isn't a LIVE cockroach like I get at work.

    I freaking loved field day! Does this mean no "real" class for the day? Because that would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTF is that dead bug?!?! It looks like a cock-a-mouse!

    I ran this morning! And yesterday!! My quads are screaming from the lifting program I've started...but I'm RUNNING! Nothing like a little near-injury to make basic, slow 10min/miles feel like the greatest thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That llama totally summed things up! Lol

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy bug. My favorite thing about Colorado is the overall lack of bugs. (When I lived in Arizona there were even less. Flies and mosquitoes couldn't even live, it was so dry. Scorpions, on the other hand, had no problem at all.)My second favorite thing about Colorado are the Llamas! Yes! Love a good llama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - I stumbled on your blog because I own PretzelDay.com (to be developed soon) & Google notifies me whenever the phrase "pretzel day" is posted.

    We have much in common, though: I'm a teacher, my wife and I watch HIMYM & did watch The Office, and I ran in the DE Marathon Festival last weekend (in the 4-person relay with a team of teachers; I've done the half & full there before).

    As for chocolate, though - can't stand the stuff. (KIDDING!)

    Anyway, just wanted to say hi, & keep on teaching/running!

    -Dave

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.