To continue with yesterday's theme of being positive, here's a few reasons why this is a great Thursday.
1. It's my favorite day of the year: field day. Remember how much fun it was when you were a kid? It still is. I'm super non competitive, but for some reason I totally switch to the other side on field day. Anyone in my class can tell you: on field day, it IS about winning. I think this meme sums up my feelings nicely.
|Can you believe there's only one more episode?|
2. I generally put extremely little effort into my appearance to go to work. My "beauty routine" centers mainly around showering and brushing my teeth. Field day is one of those special days (like pajama day, which my class has already had twice this year and is probably due for a third) when I get to dial it down even more.
3. My Delaware marathon shirt actually fits really well and doesn't have any alcohol logos, so I can wear it for Field Day.
4. I had planned to go to hot yoga after school and now I don't even have to change my clothes! I realized this last night and probably should be embarrassed with how excited I got. Truly, it's the little things in life.
5. I woke up to a notification that a DJ from my favorite radio show is following me. That's celeb status in my world.
6. My wakeup discoveries continued to delight me as I went to get some coffee.
|If you haven't seen this movie, watch it now.|
There were some downers yesterday. This was on my classroom floor.
|Seriously, what IS that?|
We also watched How I Met Your Mother, and were pretty underwhelmed by the mother. On top of that, I have to deal with the depression of that season ending, one more episode of The Office EVER (even though it's lame now), and only 3 more episodes of Game of Thrones. Seriously trifling.
I ended up doing 45 pretty easy minutes on the elliptical yesterday, followed by foam rolling and stretching. I had to loosen up for field day, and I do feel a lot better today.
|Because I hate all animals: except for llamas.|
What little thing is making your day right now? I love how little things fill me with total joy. Of course, it also goes the other way when things don't go well, but it's better to ignore that.