Monday, January 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I usually hate getting in the car for the looooong 400 mile drive that takes me away from my family. But since this time I had left my hubby back in Charm City, I had a pretty big incentive to return. It was also nice to hop on a plane and be home in less than an hour. 

 My wish came true! I came home and saw this:
Sadly, as you can see, it doesn't fit in the box. Now we don't know what to do with it. 
My other high hopes for our apartment also came to fruition:
 An empty sink. I dream big, I know. However, there was some evidence of bachlor - ism in my absence
Can't blame him though - I tried a piece when I got home and it was delicious. Lots of veggies too - he's learned so much!
This morning I updated my tabs and played with my blog a bit, then did some cleaning before tackling one of my New Year's Resolutions - ORGANIZE THIS HOT MESS!

 So embarrassing but if you didn't see the before you couldn't possibly appreciate the after.
 Granted getting a somewhat more sophisticated filing system than a cardboard box wouldn't exactly hurt matters but at least now we have only the essentials, rather than every grocery receipt dating back to 2004. And it's organized in folders by topic.

We put up our late Christmas present (my family has a tradition of losing Christmas presents and giving them out when we find them much later, often the following Christmas). This one actually arrived quite early, in the mail in the first week of January.
 A video message board! You can stick a post it on it, write a note with dry erase marker, or record a video of yourself! Eric is really excited because now I can ask him to do chores when I'm not even there.
He tested it out with a cute video for me :). Thanks Mom & Vince!

I'm having a motivation problem with exercise today - I'm excited for my run but then I have to start Jillian's 6 Pack Abs on Level 2 and I'm frightened. Maybe I'll do a little more cleaning and then go for it. This is what happens when I don't do it as soon as I wake up, it gets put off, and put off, and put off....

2 comments:

  1. I have been up since 7 (it's now 1:30) and I'm still putting off cleaning. My mom told me if I got a house cleaner before I was 40 she would bust my butt. Seems a little crazy since I'm 26 but I have learned not to test her! : )
    I love the video message board! I haven't seen one of those before. How fun!
    I got a new camera for Christmas, so I took my old one to school and we voted on a class photographer. Now when we got outside or have an awards assembly or something like that she gets the camera and takes pictures. I have the pictures in a slideshow on the computers in my room at school! That's how I got so lucky to have pictures of myself jumping rope. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy lady, can you e-mail me? I have a question for you & I can't seem to find your e-mail! lildonovan08@yahoo.com! p.s. i'm going to rochester in a couple weeks! when I get an exact date i'll let you know- if your in town for any reason we should meet up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.