Friday, March 18, 2011

Last minute prep

I just completed the last run of my Shamrock training! A nice, super super easy 3 miles at an average 10:29 pace. As I turned onto my street I couldn't believe the next time I'll be wearing my running shoes will be at the start line of the Shamrock Marathon! It's crazy how similar marathons are to weddings, you prepare for months and months for this one big day, then just hope the weather or your stomach or anything else doesn't screw you.

My post about my Gram got linked on facebook! It may or may not have been by my mom but publicity is publicity.

I really hope I didn't forget anything. Eric is supposed to have the car packed and we'll hop in the second I get home from work and head to Virginia Beach, scarf down our pizza and black bean brownies, check into the hotel and go immediately to sleep. Eric's big 8K is bright and early tomorrow morning.

I'm not quite sure what kind of time I'll have to blog over the weekend, but I'll look forward to reporting back on all the wonderful experiences of my second marathon (don't you love my optimism?)

Once again my internet is not letting me upload pics! Just know I am drinking coffee out of my Baltimore Marathon mug, I am extremely superstitious about my mug choices.

Thanks for all your support in the comments! I'll be thinking of it Sunday! Everybody have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard marathons compared to giving birth too. My wedding wasn't painful, I'm thinking my marathon will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of you!! and your grandma! I'm so excited to hear your race report -- I hope it is an incredible experience

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments make me probably more happy than they should.